Saturday, August 27, 2011

A walk around the Rosslyn area

Last week Ada was out of town, so I decided to make my way to Theodore Roosevelt Island. I didn't spend enough time looking at a map to see how to get there, so I ended up taking a REALLY out of the way route to get there.


I ended up going past the Marine War Memorial.


I eventually made my way to the Mount Vernon Trail which leads to a bridge that takes you to TR Island. The trail is popular for joggers and cyclists. It's very pretty.

For a sense of perspective, here is a picture I took from the trail. This is the back side of the Lincoln Memorial.

I finally made it to the bridge to the island and this is the view from the bridge.

Once on the island I made my way to see the man himself.
Theodore Roosevelt. Naturalist, writer, hunter, ranchman, soldier, and politician who would become the youngest President in history. I'm almost through reading my second book on him.

On my way back across the bridge I saw a turtle.
Bonus Turtle

Before I headed home I had to go to Ray's Hell Burger again. Best burgers I've ever had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons